Carseat Instruction Courses & Child Safety Seat Education + Chicago Area Home Service
Now 15 years in business, the first professional car seat checkup service in the area serving Naperville, DuPage and most of Cook county! For more information about Seatcheck’s expert car seat checkup service, please see why Seatcheck is the best choice for you, the safest choice for your baby and also about what to expect from my expert service! You also can read about me and below you can find Seatcheck’s rates for a course that may take up to an hour for a full instruction on a typical carseat. Seatcheck is a part-time business, appointment times are limited and subject to weather conditions. Home travel service should resume in April. Appointments usually available within 1 or 2 business days, between 10am and 4pm weekdays from April to November.
- Each child safety seat installed/inspected: $45 – check for specials & discounts
- No added travel fee when you visit our NHTSA listed fitting station at our Naperville Address: near Naper Blvd. and Hobson Rd. We also make house calls to your home, office, hospital or baby retail store! Please ADD a travel fee below and call to confirm service in your area.
- Travel service to Naperville, Lisle and Downers Grove, add $15*
- Travel service to other nearby towns in DuPage County: add $25**
- Travel service to parts of Chicago, Cook, Kane and Will County: usually add $60***
- To make an appointment, please email Seatcheck, use the contact form below or call Darren at 630-708-SAFE (+1 (630) 708-7233) from 9am to 5pm. Any discounts will be quoted by email or text when making the appointment.
- Inspections are performed by appointment ONLY.
- Appointments usually Monday-Friday, 10am to 4pm, March to November.
- Winter appointments (Dec-Feb) are very limited, 1-2 days in advance, weather permitting
- Includes expert installation, demonstration, recall check and car seat safety school lesson with instruction on proper use
- Your appointment may last up to an hour, depending on the number of seats
- Please bring your child(ren) and owners’ manuals if at all possible
- Safe Kids USA Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST) since 2001 and fully insured
- All installations done personally by the owner. NO random sub-contractors or inexperienced employees, ever.
- Locally owned small business! Seatcheck is NOT operated by SafeKids, Tot Squad or any other organization or franchise
- Please arrive within 30 minutes of your appointment time or call to re-schedule. Please give as much advance notice of cancellation as possible for weekday morning and afternoon appointments. In fairness to my family and to other clients, I may not be able to honor an appointment beyond 30 minutes after the scheduled time.
- I prefer cash at the time of service. Chase QuickPay/Zelle (to email@example.com) and personal checks issued on major Illinois or national USA banks also accepted.
- I generally do not accept other payment methods. Credit card swipe transactions may be accepted only if necessary.
The American Academy of Pediatrics advises parents to keep their toddlers in rear-facing car seats until they reach the maximum height and weight for their seat. Seatcheck strongly endorses this policy. Some carseats require children to be at least age 2 before they can be forward-facing. Effective January 1st, 2019, Illinois state law also requires that children remain rear-facing until at least their 2nd birthday.
Effective January 1, 2011: Illinois State Law states that motorists who are ticketed for first time violations of Section 4 of the Child Passenger Protection Act shall not be convicted if they possess an approved child restraint system and also complete an instructional course with a certified technician. Completion of this course prior to their mandatory court appearance date noted on the citation will also allow for the fine to be waived on a first offense. As a fully NHTSA certified technician, my service and rates above also qualify as the mandatory instructional course required by the court as per section 6a of the new law. Motorists must provide me a copy of the citation and bring an appropriate child safety seat with their vehicle. Upon completion of the course (usually about an hour), I will provide the required IDOT form stating that you have voluntarily participated in the course and received instruction on proper use of your child restraint system. If approved by the judge or officer of the court, this should allow for a first conviction to be dropped and the $75 fine waived. No refunds in the event the court does not honor the form for any reason.
*Includes addresses in Naperville, Lisle and Downers Grove, including Edward Hospital, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, BuyBuyBaby, Target and other stores.
**Local travel service area is roughly an 8 mile radius from Lisle, Illinois within DuPage County. This includes addresses in Carol Stream, Clarendon Hills, Darien, Glen Ellyn, Glendale Heights, Hinsdale, Lombard, Oakbrook, Warrenville, Westmont, Wheaton, Willowbrook, Winfield, Woodridge plus parts of Aurora (east of Eola Road) and Bolingbrook (north of Boughton Road). Buying a carseat? Travel service includes retail stores in this area such as Target, Walmart and Kohl’s. Having a baby? We will meet you at your hospital including Northwestern Central DuPage Hospital in Winfield.
***Extended service area is roughly a 25 mile radius from Lisle, Illinois, including parts of Cook, Kane and Will counties, including Arlington Heights, Aurora, Barrington, Batavia, Des Plaines, Elmhurst, Geneva, Glenview, Hoffman Estates, La Grange, Lemont, Oak Park, Orland Park, Oswego, Palos Park, Park Ridge Plainfield, Romeoville, St. Charles, Schaumburg, Skokie, Western Springs and most of Chicago. Please call for rates and to see if your address is in our service area.
Updated: March 13, 2019