Carseat Instruction Courses & Child Safety Seat Education with Home Service in the Chicago Area
Now 15 years in business serving Naperville, DuPage and most of Cook county! For more information about Seatcheck’s expert car seat checkup service, please see why Seatcheck is the best choice for you, the safest choice for your baby and also about what to expect from my service! You also can read about me and below you can find Seatcheck’s rates, starting at $45 for a course that takes about an hour for one typical carseat. Appointment times are limited as this is a part-time business. Home service is offered only on certain weekday mornings. I can usually provide service within 1 or 2 business days, between 10am and 4pm weekdays.
- Inspections are performed by appointment ONLY.
- Appointments usually Monday-Friday, 10am to 4pm, March through November.
- Winter appointments December-February are limited, scheduled 1-2 days in advance, weather permitting
- Each child safety seat installed/inspected: $45
- No added travel fee when you visit our NHTSA listed fitting station at our Naperville Address: near Naper Blvd. and Hobson Rd, in Naperville. We also make house calls to your home, office, hospital or baby retail store! Please ADD a travel fee below and call to confirm service in your area.
- Travel service to Naperville and nearby towns in DuPage County: add $30*
- Travel service to parts of Chicago, Cook, Kane and Will County: usually add $60**
- FALL SPECIAL! $5 each car seat installed AND $5 off travel service until November 16th, 2018
- To make an appointment, please email Seatcheck, use the contact form below or call Darren at 630-708-SAFE (+1 (630) 708-7233) from 9am to 5pm.
- Includes expert fitting, recall check and instruction on installation and proper use
- Your appointment will last about an hour, depending on the number of seats
- Please bring your children and owners’ manuals if at all possible
- Safe Kids USA Certified since 2001 and fully insured
- All installations done personally by the owner. NO contractors or inexperienced technicians, ever.
- Locally owned! Seatcheck is NOT operated by SafeKids, Tot Squad or any other organization or franchise
- Please arrive within 30 minutes of your appointment time or call to re-schedule. Please give as much advance notice of cancellation as possible for weekday morning and afternoon appointments. In fairness to my family and to other clients, I may not be able to honor an appointment beyond 30 minutes after the scheduled time.
- I prefer cash at the time of service. Chase QuickPay and personal checks issued on major Illinois or national USA banks also accepted.
- I generally do not accept other payment methods. Credit card swipe transactions may be accepted only if necessary.
The American Academy of Pediatrics advises parents to keep their toddlers in rear-facing car seats until age 2, or until they reach the maximum height and weight for their seat. Seatcheck strongly endorses this policy.
Effective January 1, 2011: Illinois State Law states that motorists who are ticketed for first time violations of Section 4 of the Child Passenger Protection Act shall not be convicted if they possess an approved child restraint system and also complete an instructional course with a certified technician. Completion of this course prior to their mandatory court appearance date noted on the citation will also allow for the fine to be waived on a first offense. As a fully NHTSA certified technician, my service and rates above also qualify as the mandatory instructional course required by the court as per section 6a of the new law. Motorists must provide me a copy of the citation and bring an appropriate child safety seat with their vehicle. Upon completion of the course (usually about an hour), I will provide the required IDOT form stating that you have voluntarily participated in the course and received instruction on proper use of your child restraint system. If approved by the judge or officer of the court, this should allow for a first conviction to be dropped and the $75 fine waived. No refunds in the event the court does not honor the form for any reason.
*Local travel service area is roughly an 8 mile radius from Lisle, Illinois within DuPage County. This includes addresses in Carol Stream, Clarendon Hills, Darien, Downers Grove, Elmhurst, Glen Ellyn, Glendale Heights, Hinsdale, Lisle, Lombard, Naperville, Oakbrook, Warrenville, Westmont, Wheaton, Willowbrook, Winfield, Woodridge and parts of Aurora (east of Eola Road) and Bolingbrook (north of Boughton Road). Buying a carseat? Travel service includes retail stores in this area such as Target, Walmart, Kohl’s and BuyBuyBaby in Naperville or Downers Grove. Having a baby? We will meet you at your hospital including Edward Hospital in Naperville, Northwestern Central DuPage Hospital in Winfield, Advocate Good Samaritan in Downers Grove and Elmhurst Hospital.
**Extended service area is roughly a 25 mile radius from Lisle, Illinois, including parts of Cook, Kane and Will counties, including Arlington Heights, Aurora, Barrington, Batavia, Des Plaines, Geneva, Glenview, Hoffman Estates, La Grange, Lemont, Oak Park, Orland Park, Oswego, Palos Park, Park Ridge Plainfield, Romeoville, St. Charles, Schaumburg, Skokie, Western Springs and most of Chicago. Please call for rates and to see if your address is in our service area.
Updated: August 1, 2018