2018 Chicago Area Carseat Installation, Instruction Courses and Child Safety Seat Education Services. NHTSA Listed Inspection Station with Home Service.
Now 15 years in business serving Naperville, DuPage and most of Cook county! For more information about Seatcheck’s installation service, please see why Seatcheck is the best choice for you, the safest choice for your baby and also about what to expect from my service! You also can read about me and below you can find Seatcheck’s rates, starting at $50 for a course that takes about an hour for one typical carseat. Appointment times are limited as this is a part-time business. Home service is offered only on certain weekday mornings. I can usually provide service within 1 or 2 business days, between 10am and 4pm weekdays.
- Inspections are performed by appointment ONLY.
- Appointments taken Monday-Friday, 10am to 4pm, March through November.
- Each child safety seat installed/inspected: $50
- No added travel fee when you visit our NHTSA listed fitting station at our Naperville Address: near Naper Blvd. and Hobson Rd, Naperville, IL 60540. For professional service to your home or office, please ADD a travel fee below and call to confirm service in your area.
- Home Service travel to addresses in DuPage county, Naperville, Aurora & Bolingbrook: add $30
- Home Service to most other areas in Chicago, Cook, Kane and Will County: usually add $70
- To make an appointment or to contact me, please email Seatcheck or call Darren at 630 708-SAFE between the hours of 9am and 5pm central time.
- Includes expert fitting, recall check and instruction on installation and proper use
- Safe Kids USA Certified since 2001 and fully insured
- All installations done personally by me, no contractors or inexperienced technicians
- Your appointment will last about an hour, depending on the number of seats
- Please bring your children and owners’ manuals if at all possible
- Services are not performed on behalf of SAFE KIDS or any other organization
- Please arrive within 30 minutes of your appointment time or call to re-schedule. Please give as much advance notice of cancellation as possible for weekday morning and afternoon appointments. In fairness to my family and to other clients, I may not be able to honor an appointment beyond 30 minutes after the scheduled time.
- I prefer cash at the time of service. Chase QuickPay and personal checks issued on major Illinois or national USA banks also accepted.
- Paypal is no longer accepted (except for credit card transactions), due to high fees and Paypal’s non-compliance with their own terms of service.
The American Academy of Pediatrics advises parents to keep their toddlers in rear-facing car seats until age 2, or until they reach the maximum height and weight for their seat. Seatcheck strongly endorses this policy.
Effective January 1, 2011: Illinois State Law states that motorists who are ticketed for first time violations of Section 4 of the Child Passenger Protection Act shall not be convicted if they possess an approved child restraint system and also complete an instructional course with a certified technician. Completion of this course prior to their mandatory court appearance date noted on the citation will also allow for the fine to be waived on a first offense. As a fully NHTSA certified technician, my service and rates above also qualify as the mandatory instructional course required by the court as per section 6a of the new law. Motorists must provide me a copy of the citation and bring an appropriate child safety seat with their vehicle. Upon completion of the course (usually about an hour), I will provide the required IDOT form stating that you have voluntarily participated in the course and received instruction on proper use of your child restraint system. If approved by the judge or officer of the court, this should allow for a first conviction to be dropped and the $75 fine waived. No refunds in the event the court does not honor the form for any reason.
To make an appointment or to contact me, please email Seatcheck or call Darren at 630-708-SAFE (630-708-7233) between 9am and 5pm.